- 19+, 2 pieces ID required
- All attendees will be asked for ID
- PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY
Taste the difference that wood-aging makes in a wide range of beer styles, including sours, Brett-conditioned beers, barleywines, imperial stouts, wild ales, and others.
This is the geekiest beer geek event we’ve got! Last year we had 30+ beers on offer, including some special bottles that breweries dug out of their private cellars just for this event! We moved it to the weekend to reflect the “big beer” theme. The VPM’s food vendors will be serving up their own masterpieces to go along with these special beers, and an on-site liquor store will have a wide range of these special beers available for purchase.
All About The Wood is generously sponsored by the Victoria Public Market
- Category 12 Brewing
– Convergence Rye Old Ale
– Barrelholder Belgian Golden Strong (2017)
– Brett IPA
– Experimental Brett Pale Ale (collaboration with Field House Brewing)
– Barrelholder Anomaly (2018)
– Elemental Raw Ale
- Central City Brewing/Red Racer Beer
– Thor’s Hammer Bourbon Barrel Aged Barleywine (2015)
– Pia Cassis Sour Ale (2017)
- Dageraad Brewing
– Entropy #6 Mixed-culture Barrel Aged Blonde (2018)
– Cuba Libre – Rum Barrel Aged Lekkers
- Driftwood Brewery
– Singularity Bourbon Barrel Aged Russian Imperial Stout
– Old Barrel Dweller (2012)
- Four Winds Brewing
– Edna Sour Farmhouse Ale w/ crabapple and cranberry
– Cherryoperis Brett Saison w/ sour cherries
– Norwegian Wood Dry-hopped Farmhouse Ale
– Pequeno Cabo Tequila barrel aged Sour Weisse
– Pomona Barrel aged stone fruit Sour Ale
– Quadrennial Blended Dark Sour Ale w/ black currants
- Luppolo Brewing
– Prima Forza Bourbon barrel aged Imperial Stout
– Rosalba Wine barrel aged mixed fermentation sour with raspberries
– Evoluta II Bourbon barrel aged Belgian Dubbel
- Parallel 49 Brewing
– Old Fashioned Rye Sour with sweet orange peel
– Rosa Del Desierto Tequila barrel aged sour
- Spinnakers Brewpub
– Currant Noir
– Blueberry Sour
- Strange Fellows Brewing
– Méange à Trois Blend of three Oud Bruins
– Kriek Lambic style beer with cherries
– Little Red One Lambic style beer with black currants
– Aprikose American Sour Ale with apricots
– Breakfast with Boris Bourbon Breakfast Stout with coffee and chocolate
– Boris Bourbon barrel aged Russian Imperial Stout
- Torchlight Brewing
– 4th Anniversary Grand Cru Golden Strong Ale
– Quintus Barrel aged fig and sumac berry Dark Saison
– Rootin’ Around Root Beer Red Ale
- Vancouver Island Brewing
– Barrel Aged Hermannator Eisbock
- Roast Meat & Sandwich Shop – Pulled Pork Sandwich – Beer braised & smoked pulled pork sandwich with beer-infused BBQ sauce.
- Taco Stand – Chicken Taco – Smoked ancho chicken taco with cabbage slaw and tomato salsa.
- La Pasta – Mozzarella Sticks – Crispy fried house smoked mozzarella sticks with marinara sauce.
- Vijs Sutra – Slow Braised Dark Matter Beef Short Ribs – Beef short ribs served over a bed of cumin onion basmati rice.
- The Very Good Butchers – Smokey Apple BBQ Ryb Sliders – Smokey apple BBQ glazed mini Rybs with creamy slaw, crispy onions, fresh sliced apples, and a house made flax mayo.
- WaffleBeast – Exotic hotdog – Ahi poke on a hotdog with wasabi mayo.
- Victoria Pie Co. – 3 Types of Hand Pies – Smoked cheddar, sage, paprika, and butternut squash hand pie, smoky ham and swiss hand pie, and a smoky muscovado vanilla ice cream.
A $50 TICKET WILL GRANT:
- access to at least 30+ wood-aged beers
- food options from the vendors at the Victoria Public Market
- 6 x 4oz servings of beer
- 2 x food tickets
- 1 VBW branded glass sampler
- 1 drink ticket = 1 x 4oz sample
- additional food tickets will be available for purchase on-site for $5 each
- additional drink tickets will be available for $1.75 each
- coat check will be available on site
- we accept major credit cards for merchandise and beer/food ticket sales