- 19+, 2 pieces ID required
- All attendees will be asked for ID
- PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY
Take a walk through the streets of Victoria discovering its brewing history and learn the lore that was documented by local brewing historian: Greg Evans.
Join us on an entertaining and educational walking tour celebrating the legacy of Greg Evans, Victoria’s beer historian, who died in December 2018. Greg was well known for his engaging talks about local beer history, including several VBW Beer School classes he led on topics such as BC’s Prohibition and Victoria’s Early Brewers.
Hosted by Chris Adams of Discover the Past (Ghostly Walks) Tours, this 90-minute walking tour will visit various downtown historic locations where Chris will share beer-soaked stories from Victoria’s early days. The tour will culminate with a stop at Swans for a pint of beer (included in the ticket) and a chance to socialize and look at an exhibit showcasing some of Greg’s collection of beer-related artifacts and photos (provided by CAMRA). Please note, there will be two touring options, one starting at 11:00am and one starting at 2:00pm.
A $25 TICKET WILL GRANT [$20 for CAMRA members]
● auditory headphone system to ensure each person can hear the guide
● an entertaining and informative walking tour
● one pint of Swans beer at the end of the tour
● Ticket prices shown do not include taxes & service fees
● This event is 19+, two pieces of ID required
● PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY